We're looking for rockstar volunteers!
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- You’ll get admission to the festival – a ticket to enjoy the event
- You'll get 10 drink tickets to enjoy after your shift (or if you have a Sunday shift, come another day)
- You’ll build your wardrobe – every volunteer gets a cool official Kirkland Oktoberfest t-shirt
- You’ll help a good cause - Kirkland Oktoberfest benefits local charities
- You’ll make new friends – work in a fun, friendly environment with great people
- You can earn Community Service Hours- You bet! Just bring any paperwork requirements to your Volunteer Manager to complete
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer, 21+ for marked shifts. Volunteers are required to attend an hour-long online training session the Wednesday evening before the event. Besides that, you just need to smile and have a good time!
**All volunteers who would like to pour beer must have a valid MAST permit (Alcohol Server Permit). To obtain your permit online or to find a class location, please click here.
We have many volunteer sessions available (see Volunteer Position Descriptions below) - please indicate the shift(s) that you would like to work below. We always need more volunteers for the evening shifts! Please be sure to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your shift start time!
***Please keep in mind that consuming alcohol during your shift is not allowed. You will be given a general admission ticket after your volunteering shift has been completed. Sunday afternoon shifts earn a ticket to a local establishment valid for another day. We will have snacks and water for you in a private hangout for Staff and Volunteers***
VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
- Postering - Join our Street Team to promote Kirkland Oktoberfest hanging posters at cool places like restaurants, pubs and breweries
- Day of Festival Set Up - Help Oktoberfest staff with last minute set-up. May include minimal manual labor.
- Green Team - Help keep the festival clean, help guests with recycling, waste.
- Entry Gate - Wristband patrons; scan tickets. Requires standing for duration of shift.
- Check In - includes the following possible positions:
- Vendor Check-In - Check in brewers, performers and other vendors; provide them with proper paperwork; direct them to appropriate area to report for their shift. Chairs will be provided; does not require standing for shift.
- Volunteer Check-In - Chairs will be provided; does not require standing for shift.
- Merchandise - Assist with merchandising sales including t-shirts and glassware and/or ticket sales. This position requires some standing; chairs will also be provided.
- Guest Experience - Provide assistance at interactive games, help keep festival grounds clean, refill and help with the pretzel necklace station.
- Food Service- Help Food Servers at SausageHaus, take food orders, fulfill orders.Chairs will be provided; does not require standing for shift.
- Beer Service - Pour beer; Take tickets, Check I.D., ensure cleanliness of pouring station/Biergarten and assist in other needs in the Biergarten.
Please download and read the following document prior to volunteering at the festival: